Welcome to the LSESU Applicable Maths Society's events page - we are organising a lot of exciting events for you, but we cannot share them yet!
- 5th lecture of Finance for Non-Finance Students Series: Understanding Futures - Thursday, 23rd February, from 7 to 9 pm, in CLM.7.02. More details here, you can purchase tickets here. You can use the promo code: LSEAMS.
- General AGM and Elections of committee for year 2017/2018 - Tuesday, 28th February, 7-8pm, in NAB.2.06. There will be free pizza and a chance to affect the future of our society!
- R programming workshop
- Finance For Non-Finance Students: lectures 1-4
- Python course classes 1-7
- Introduction to financial mathematics workshop
- Give It A Go - Free Python Programming Course
- Welcome Fair
- General AGM, elections
- 'The Big Short' cinema trip
- Careers Talk with The Institute of Mathematics and its Applications (IMA)
- Professor Robin Wilson's talk on the history of Mathematics on stamps
- R programming course
- Professor Danny Quah's talk on "Using Mathematics: Making Big Economics Visible to the Human Eye", organised together with the Mathematics Department at LSE. The slides are available here.
- Algorithmic Trading with Python: sessions 1-2
- Social event: pub crawl with students from other London universities – UCL, Imperial, KCL and QMUL
- "Good Will Hunting" screening: a collaboration with film society
- James Ledward from Deloitte: talk on being a risk consultant and the application of maths in professional services
- Introduction to Python: sessions 1-6
- Finalizing Games & Where do I go from here?
- Introduction to Java: Game Design
- Introduction to Java: sessions 1 - 8
- Introduction to Knot Theory (and more generally Topology)
- General AGM